Pier Park Piney Pale Ale
The perfect summer beer will be available beginning Tuesday, July 21st at Plews Brews. This is the only St. Johns location where Pier Park Piney will be served. Limited quantity, small batch beer designed by disc golf players/beer masters working locally. Each pint sold raises $1.00 to go toward returning the fallen Sequoia to Pier Park as beautiful and permanent bench seating.
July 20th Meeting, 6:30 pm, St. Johns Community Center
On the agenda:
- Discussion of results from the July 8th presentation to City Council. Mayor Charlie Hales, and Commissioners Friitz and Fish all commented and responded to our presentation.
- Parke Diem planning. This is an opportunity to take an October morning and improve Pier Park!
- Disc golf improvements, including potentially moving the baskets to prevent erosion.
- Upcoming fundraising event with Plews Brews?
This meeting is only one hour … and there is air conditioning!
All are welcome!
- Have peeling paint and rusting walls
- Lack hot water for hand washing
- Are NOT ADA compliant or accessible
- Too few for the overwhelming amount of visitors they are meant to serve.
Check out the Shop/Donate page to make a donation to the Friends of Pier Park account held at the Bank of America. You may donate directly to the Pier Park Disc Golf Course fund, the Pier Park Tennis Courts fund or the Friends of Pier Park Choice fund where the FoPP Board chooses how to use the money to improve Pier Park.
Thank you for donating!
Friends of Pier Park
Friends of Pier Park members are dedicated to the enhancement and protection of Pier Park. As a non-profit group, we advocate for this beautiful park, its public pool, skatepark, tennis courts, ball fields, disc golf course and amazing trees. We also organize volunteer work parties in cooperation with Portland Parks and Recreation to remove invasive plants and graffiti, plant native trees and shrubs and improve the trails and disc course.
Our next meeting is Monday, May 19th at 6:30 pm at the St. Johns Community Center. All are welcome.
Our accomplishments include convincing City Hall to keep Pier Pool open, the annual Pier Park Pick-Up sponsored by SOLVE, working with local companies, such as Next Adventure, to improve the disc golf course a Pier Park and purchasing playground equipment. We are proud to say that Pier Park is safer than any other Portland park of comparable size. The hundreds of regular disc golf players who play the course that winds around and through Pier Park keep it that way.
Pier/Chimney Bridge Complete
Have you enjoyed the walk between Pier and Chimney Parks? The bridge is complete allowing better access for bicycle commuters to Rivergate and recreation for everyone. For more information checkout the this link to Portland Parks.