We Made The News!
Learn more about this project: Friends of Pier Park Received Three Grants for Parks Projects
Come out to finish up the planting: Final Planting Day 2021
Help Support Pier Park
Friends of Pier Park is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Every penny of your donation goes to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Friends of Pier Park Core Values:
- Enhance Park safety and accessibility for all park users
- Enhance and restore Park’s natural beauty and biodiversity
- Enhance and restore Park play and recreational features
- Build relationships with the Park community, including all age educational components
- Advocate for the Park while working alongside Portland Parks and Recreation.
Latest Blog Posts
- Final Planting Day 2021We Need Your Help Saturday Morning … Rain or Shine We are in our final push to finish up planting native plants at Pier Park. Thank you to adult volunteers and the kids at Sitton Grade School, over half of the plants we purchased through the three community grants are in the ground. That leaves […]
- Heritage Tree Bike Tours August 7thCome join this fun bike ride on safe routes, learn about Heritage Trees in North Portland, and meet your neighbors. You are invited to join the Arbor Lodge Tree Team and North Portland Parks Advisory Group on bike rides featuring Heritage Trees in North Portland parks. When: Saturday, August 7th Start Time for South Loop: 10 am. Meet […]
- Please Leash Your Dogs at Pier ParkWe love to see dogs enjoying time with their humans in Pier Park; whether walking a loop on our paths, accompanying disc golfers for a casual round, or passing through on the way to the Chimney Park off-leash dog area, it’s great to see you out in the park together. However, we need to remind everyone that, […]
ON SALE — Quality Canvas Tote Bags
AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST — the Friends of Pier Park tote bag is greatly reduced. Shop and support Friends of Pier Park!
We Received Three Grants!
Thank you to:
- Portland Garden Club
- Bureau of Environmental Services with Portland State University Indigenous Nations Studies
- Portland Parks Foundation
Thank you to our donors!
Shop and Play
Sale proceeds go to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Work with us.
Friends of Pier Park members are dedicated to the enhancement and protection of Pier Park.
We also organize volunteer work parties in cooperation with Portland Parks and Recreation to remove invasive plants and graffiti, plant native trees and shrubs and improve the trails and disc course.
Our accomplishments include convincing City Hall to keep Pier Pool open, the annual Pier Park Pick-Up sponsored by SOLVE, working with Stumptown Disc Golf to improve the disc golf course, and purchasing playground equipment. Recently we advocated for Portland Parks to replace the restroom facility by speaking at City Hall, writing letters, and more. See the blog post, Pier Park Restrooms Need an Upgrade.
We are proud to say that Pier Park is safer than any other Portland park of comparable size. The hundreds of regular disc golf players who play the course that winds around and through Pier Park keep it that way.