2022 Annual Report
Pier Park Discovery Walk
Use this self-guided walk through Pier Park to find unique points of interest in your favorite Portland Park. Learn new things and discover what makes Pier Park special.
Download the one-page, two-sided PDF of written descriptions and artist renderings with a checklist of the interest points.
Donate to Friends of Pier Park
In addition to invasive plant removal, park cleanups, and discovery walks, Friends of Pier Park purchases native plants and sponsors neighborhood events. Help us continue this work by donating.
Each donation comes with a big thank you!
- Donation: Vine Maple Level$15.00
- Donation: Katsura Tree Level$25.00
- Donation: Red Cedar Level$50.00
- Donation: Douglas Fir Level$100.00
- Donation: Sequoia Level$150.00
We are so fortunate to have this beautiful green oasis practically in our backyard. And how wonderful that with friends like you we can keep Pier Park vibrant for all who visit.
Please donate today! Pier Park thanks you! And so do we.
Check back as we update our goal thermometer!
Help Support Pier Park
Friends of Pier Park is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Every penny of your donation goes to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Friends of Pier Park Core Values:
- Enhance Park safety and accessibility for all park users
- Enhance and restore Park’s natural beauty and biodiversity
- Enhance and restore Park play and recreational features
- Build relationships with the Park community, including all age educational components
- Advocate for the Park while working alongside Portland Parks and Recreation.
Friends of Pier Park is a 501(c)(3 ) non-profit that advocates for and enhances our 75-acre North Portland park.
Equity Statement for Friends of Pier Park
Continuing with this level of park restoration and community engagement, we need some help from you! Take ownership and pride in Pier Park. Join us during our monthly Zoom meetings and be a part of providing opportunities for all of our neighbors.
Know What is Happening at Pier Park
And don’t be left out.
Latest Blog Posts
- 2022 Annual Report2022 was another good year for Friends of Pier Park. As we recovered from the worst of the COVID pandemic, increasing numbers of visitors started coming back to enjoy the park. Meanwhile, we continued to maintain and strengthen partnerships with several outside organizations that helped us deliver significant progress on some established programs and add… Continue reading 2022 Annual Report
Disc Golf Course Info
Shop and Play
Sale proceeds go to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Work with us.
Friends of Pier Park members are dedicated to the enhancement and protection of Pier Park.
As a non-profit group, we advocate for this beautiful park, its public pool, skatepark, tennis courts, ball fields, disc golf course, and amazing trees.
We also organize volunteer work parties in cooperation with Portland Parks and Recreation to remove invasive plants and graffiti, plant native trees and shrubs and improve the trails and disc course.
We meet every month (except December) on the 3rd Monday at 6:30 pm at the St. Johns Library or Stormbreaker Brewery. All are welcome. Check our Events Calendar for updates.
Our accomplishments include convincing City Hall to keep Pier Pool open, the annual Pier Park Pick-Up sponsored by SOLVE, working with Stumptown Disc Golf to improve the disc golf course, and purchasing playground equipment. Recently we advocated for Portland Parks to replace the restroom facility by speaking at City Hall, writing letters, and more. See the blog post, Pier Park Restrooms Need an Upgrade.
We are proud to say that Pier Park is safer than any other Portland park of comparable size. The hundreds of regular disc golf players who play the course that winds around and through Pier Park keep it that way.