Your Support for Pier Park Makes a Big Difference!
We reached our goal and more! Thank you.
With your help, we were able to raise $2,100.
Friends of Pier Park is a 501(c)(3 ) non-profit that advocates for and enhances our 75-acre North Portland park.
2021 has been a big year of activity in the Park:
- Third-graders from Sitton Elementary helped us plant native understory as part of a Community Watershed Stewardship project that put in nearly 900 plants, trees, and shrubs to increase the Park’s bio-diversity
- We laid out and put in the start of a glorious Woodland Garden to brighten the entrance off of N. Reno!
But to continue with this level of park restoration and community engagement, we need some help from you! Take ownership and pride in Pier Park. Join us during our monthly Zoom meetings and be a part of providing opportunities for all of our neighbors.
We Made The News!
Learn more about this project: Friends of Pier Park Received Three Grants for Parks Projects
Come out to finish up the planting: Final Planting Day 2021
Help Support Pier Park
Friends of Pier Park is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Every penny of your donation goes to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Friends of Pier Park Core Values:
- Enhance Park safety and accessibility for all park users
- Enhance and restore Park’s natural beauty and biodiversity
- Enhance and restore Park play and recreational features
- Build relationships with the Park community, including all age educational components
- Advocate for the Park while working alongside Portland Parks and Recreation.
Latest Blog Posts
- Olmsted Parks Speaker SeriesInvitation: In Person and Zoom Options Available Olmsted 2022: Good Parks Speaker Series Friends of Columbia Park is excited to bring you this series of presentations in celebration of the bicentennial of Frederick Law Olmsted and his legacy of landscape design and public parks – both across America and right here in Columbia Park. The… Continue reading Olmsted Parks Speaker Series
- Final Planting Day 2021We Need Your Help Saturday Morning … Rain or Shine We are in our final push to finish up planting native plants at Pier Park. Thank you to adult volunteers and the kids at Sitton Grade School, over half of the plants we purchased through the three community grants are in the ground. That leaves… Continue reading Final Planting Day 2021
We Received Three Grants in 2021!
Thank you to:
- Portland Garden Club
- Bureau of Environmental Services with Portland State University Indigenous Nations Studies
- Portland Parks Foundation
Thank you to our donors!
Shop and Play
Sale proceeds go to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Work with us.
Friends of Pier Park members are dedicated to the enhancement and protection of Pier Park.
We also organize volunteer work parties in cooperation with Portland Parks and Recreation to remove invasive plants and graffiti, plant native trees and shrubs and improve the trails and disc course.
Our accomplishments include convincing City Hall to keep Pier Pool open, the annual Pier Park Pick-Up sponsored by SOLVE, working with Stumptown Disc Golf to improve the disc golf course, and purchasing playground equipment. Recently we advocated for Portland Parks to replace the restroom facility by speaking at City Hall, writing letters, and more. See the blog post, Pier Park Restrooms Need an Upgrade.
We are proud to say that Pier Park is safer than any other Portland park of comparable size. The hundreds of regular disc golf players who play the course that winds around and through Pier Park keep it that way.