Friends of Pier Park is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Every penny of your donation goes to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Friends of Pier Park Core Values:
- Enhance Park safety and accessibility for all park users
- Enhance and restore Park’s natural beauty and biodiversity
- Enhance and restore Park play and recreational features
- Build relationships with the Park community, including all age educational components
- Advocate for the Park while working alongside Portland Parks and Recreation.
Thank you to our donors!
Thank you to our supporter, Saturday Softball.
Thank you to our supporter, Waterlink Web.
Shop and Play
Sale proceeds go to support and enhance Pier Park in North Portland.
Work with us.
Friends of Pier Park members are dedicated to the enhancement and protection of Pier Park.
We also organize volunteer work parties in cooperation with Portland Parks and Recreation to remove invasive plants and graffiti, plant native trees and shrubs and improve the trails and disc course.
Our accomplishments include convincing City Hall to keep Pier Pool open, the annual Pier Park Pick-Up sponsored by SOLVE, working with Stumptown Disc Golf to improve the disc golf course, and purchasing playground equipment. Recently we advocated for Portland Parks to replace the restroom facility by speaking at City Hall, writing letters, and more. See the blog post, Pier Park Restrooms Need an Upgrade.
We are proud to say that Pier Park is safer than any other Portland park of comparable size. The hundreds of regular disc golf players who play the course that winds around and through Pier Park keep it that way.